Simplifier allows users to create connector scripts: such scripts allow external web applications to open Simplifier’s resources or call an external service and show the result in Simplfier. Think about sending a StructureDefinition to an examples generator, a TestScript resource to a server test application, a ValueSet to a terminology server etc.
Subscribe to a connector¶
To make use of an already available connector, you need to personally “subscribe” to one. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://simplifier.net.
- Log in to your portal by clicking the Log in button in the upper right corner, or go to the following link.
- Click on “Connectors” in the portal menu.
- Click on “Shop” to see a list of available connectors.
- Subscribe to the connector that’s right for you and click the “subscribe” button.
After you’ve subscribed to a connector, you can start using it - see below.
Use a connector¶
Each connector specifies one or multiple resources that it can be used with. You can view this in the shop or, if you are already subscribed, in your personal connector portal page. Once you have subscribed to a connector, you can use the connector for every resource type specified for that resource.
If you have subscribed to a resource which generates an example for StructureDefinitions, you can access that connector on each StructureDefinition. Once you click on it, the connector sends a request to open this specific resource from Simplifier.