Welcome to the VonkLoader documentation¶
VonkLoader is a free, multithreaded tool for Windows / macOS / Linux to upload resources in bulk to any FHIR server. To install, go to simplifier.net/downloads and log in.
Available parameters are:
-file:<filename> zip file with xml and/or json files with resources, mandatory -server:<url> FHIR server base address, mandatory -limit:x load no more than x resources, default is all the resources in the zip -parallel: how many requests are sent in parallel, default is 10 -collectionHandling: AsIs / Split / Transaction AsIs: send a collection Bundle as is (to /Bundle) Split: send each of the Bundle.resource's from a collection Bundle separately (STU3 only) Transaction: convert the collection Bundle to a transaction Bundle and send it to the server base address (STU3 only) -forcePutInTransaction: resources in collections that have no id get one and are turned into a PUT entry in the transaction. By default they are turned into a POST. Only useful in combination with -collectionHandling:Transaction
vonkloader --help on running the tool.
vonkloader -file:examples-json-stu3.zip -server:http://localhost:4080 // load Synthea zip vonkloader -file:examples-json-stu3.zip -server:http://localhost:4080 -collectionHandling:Transaction -forcePutInTransaction
- Report unknown arguments
- Recognize arguments case insensitively
- Ignore directory entries, just traverse into them (they were reported as invalid files)
- NullReference error could occur on transaction bundles
- Add -forcePutInTransaction
- Improve log messages
- Recognize Batch and Transaction bundles and send them as-is (opposite to Collection bundles that can be transformed to Transaction bundles first).
- Exit without user interaction (easier for automation scripts)
- First public version, on .NET Core 2.1